Colt Intrusion Prevention Service (IPS) goes beyond the capabilities of a firewall, using real-time inline protection to deliver a proactive network security service that forms a key part of our multi-layer security approach.
We use industry leading intrusion prevention systems to monitor network traffic, performing deep inspection for suspicious activity and then enforcing your corporate security policy with differentiated actions; blocking, monitoring and recording. The IPS works in conjunction with our managed firewall service to create layered security; the firewall service filters and partitions traffic whilst the IPS can span multiple packets, spotting suspicious trends in traffic and subsequently alerting the user or blocking the threat.
IPS is provided as an additional service when you take other managed services in Colt data centres. The service comprises installation, operation, update and maintenance of dedicated hardware and software. With IPS, Colt will help you implement your defined security policies and perform round-the-clock management and monitoring from the Colt Security Operations Centre (SOC).
The key benefits of Colt's Intrusion Prevention Service are:
- Best-of-breed hardware and software, that continually evolve with advances in technology to combat increasingly sophisticated threats, included within the service
- Reduced Total Cost of Ownership
- Security professional expertise and processes you may lack in house
- Full lifecycle management ensuring high customer service at every stage
- Service Level Agreement (SLA)